Tuesday, May 4, 2021

What's Playin'?

With The Square Peg having been more or less hijacked by police shootings for the better part of the last month, I felt it time I posted a bit about music.

While so many interests have waxed and waned and then waxed again over the years, music has been the over-arching constant of my life. While life in a post-rock world has meant it's harder to find the music I love, it's not impossible.

Thanks to the Internet, newspapers, word of mouth and of course, the radio, I'm able to piece together bits of information about releases that are conceivably of interest to me. And after all these years I've gotten pretty good at it.

So when the question “What's La Piazza Gancio listening to these days?” is posed at your next soiree, you may answer thusly:


Jessie Ware –What's Your Pleasure? (2020)

Moby – Everything Is Wrong (1995)

Lana del Rey – Chemtrails Over the Country Club (2021)

Tune - Yards – Sketchy (2021)

Chris Stapleton – Starting Over (2020)

Moby –18 (2002)

Kathleen Edwards –Total Freedom (2020)


I also can't stop listening to an old Ray LaMontagne track, Beg Borrow or Steal. Funny how some songs appear at a certain time in your life and express the very things that've been rattling 'round your head.

Yep—life without music is life in black and white. (And not the Ansel Adams kind, neither.)

 

1 comment:

  1. I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
    An excellent blog.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete