Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Random Thoughts, Vol. 11

Is there a Republican out there who can explain to me why mandatory car insurance poses no threat whatsoever to our personal liberties, but how mandatory health insurance is the toxin that will lay waste to all of them?

If it weren't for gangster rap, I never would have known how Led Zeppelin sounded to my parents.

Is there anything more excruciating than watching Donald Trump attempting to look sincere?

After several people told me that Yosemite National Park would take my breath away, I wised-up and cancelled my trip.

Not all Republicans are racist, but all racists are Republicans.

Funny how when I return to my car from the supermarket, the type of vehicle which makes up half of all new car sales is parked on either side of me one-hundred percent of the time.

Donald Trump is the Albert Einstein of arrogance and stupidity.

When I think of the California home where children were starved, beaten and tortured, I'm so grateful their parents weren't aborted. Because that would be a crime.

Funny that just as our allegiance to our political parties has never been more-passionate, they have never been less-deserving of it.

Panties are next to the best thing on Earth. : )

2 comments:

  1. Some random comments of my own, and I couldn't think of a better place to put them. Feel free to do with them as you wish. (Hah, giving you permission on your own blog! I never cease to amaze myself)

    I do keep on amazing myself, whatever I identify as the person I want to be, the principals I aim to live by, I constantly fall short. Life's a bitch, ain't it?

    Of course, I know the best way to live and relate to those around me, and if only everyone would listen to me the world would be a better place.

    I share your total abhorrence of the creature holding the presidency, finding it a complete waste of DNA, I'm even more shocked that this state of affairs can be. Just how is this possible? How can everyone not recognize the enormity of the mistake? The same question is as valid over Brexit, too. I wake up screaming How?

    Apropos the Little Feat 'debate' in the Cave: I had to wade in, bull in a china shop, and had to wade out again having realized the futility. Beliefs transcend rationality or humane empathy.

    Whilst understanding and sympathizing with the need for a refuge from the rising tide of utter effluent, I can't stop myself feeling it's a little like fiddling while Rome burns. And I don't mean on the stock markets.

    Maybe there is no such thing as random, the thigh bone is connected to.....

    Teaching English in Germany requires meeting lots of people working for the Man. It never ceases to amaze me how many of them are human! They actually care about things: they actually believe in change from within.

    The Man isn't, it's the Machine(mechanism)

    Anyway, sorry to have wandered into your living room and yelled, but I was stuck for another option and wanted to touch base.

    Hands across the gulf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a favorite columnist of mine keeps repeating, these are challenging times.

    And the voice social media gives to a truly disturbed minority is frightening. Trump wouldn't be president without it.

    All of which leaves the rest of us to struggle. How to be?

    As an amateur sociologist, I seek to label the times. And I call this The Age of Defiance. Trumpsters would rather drive a car off a cliff than admit they were wrong.

    Sadly, many of these people are in the legislative branch of the U.S. government.

    How do you legislate and lead responsibly with that mindset? How do you debate with it?

    Assuming the Trump-whore hasn't given the country away to Putin by that point, our sole hope are the 2018 mid-terms and the 2020 election.

    Like Reagan, Trump appears made of Teflon. (And his backers wouldn't acknowledge it if something did.)

    Lowell George forever!

    P.S. Feel free to yell any time.

    ReplyDelete